"Switch' is the name of the technology which makes access to computers easier for children who have difficulty using a mouse or keyboard
Mouse House make a switch
1. Tar Heel Reader, a collection of free, easy-to-read, and accessible books on a wide range of topics. The books may be downloaded as slide shows in PowerPoint, Impress, or Flash format. Each book can be speech enabled and accessed using multiple interfaces, including touch screens, the IntelliKeys with custom overlays, and 1 to 3 switches.
2. Pete's Power Point Station: Free Presentations, Interactive books in PowerPoint
3. Bookflix- over 200 books that read aloud available free LearnAlberta.ca K-3. Ask your school for the login
1. SEN Switch: designed as a progressive teaching and assessment tool and is accompanied by an 18 page set of teachers notes together with assessment records, developmental skills progression models and small step checklists
3. Marble drop: marble drop (cause and effect)
4. CBeebies has a range of switch games
5. Shiny Learning has nine free online or downloadable switch activities
6. Specialbites had switch games play online or to download for use on computers and touchscreens
7. Sports related 6 free switch games and 13 Classroom suite switch activities
8. Papunet Website offering free games, activities that can be accessed by mouse or switch. Simple learning activities such as word exercises, puzzles, memory games, drawing, etc.
13. Collection of free with email register for online learning geared toward young children split into 5 sections: Early Years, Games and Quizzes, Stories and Songs, Creative Play, Find Out About. note: For full access a there is a fee.
INTERMEDIATE to CHALLENGING: