Character Education Medical Conditions Making a Difference Social Participation
Inclusive Education Library FNMI Learners Building on Success
1. UDL tool kit: FREE tools accessed by Internet download to provide improved access and to accommodate for learner differences
2. Professor Garfield: free delivery of innovative and motivational digital learning content with a primary emphasis on children’s literacy.
3. Knowledge and Employability Studio all subjects in grade 8 - 12 K & E
4. Incorporate FNMI content across subjects and grade levels provided by University of Lethbridge and contains 779 documents, including lessons and resources
5. Lingro online tool that turns any website or digital text file into an interactive dictionary. Users can click on a word to view its definition and hear its pronunciation. Supported by 12 languages.
6. FlexBooks - cK-12 customizable, free, curriculum-aligned content for K-12. Textbooks and study guides for most subject areas
7. Summarize or compact text using online tools like textcompactor (PC & Mac friendly) or download a open source text summarizer, or use purchasable programs like Read and Write Gold or Mac OS X summarize tool
8. Use your Microsoft office to check readability/grade level of text. Click here the how to guide.
1. online math courses grades 1-6, 8-12 on this page were developed by the Distributed Learning Branch of Alberta Education for use by Alberta teachers, students and parents. For the click here for extras junior high.
11. XtraMath: A free web based program teachers can assign and track student work to master basic math facts
13. Math Board , Math Board and Representing Algebra Equations as well as My Math Learning Folder (.zip file). Using the blackline masters a variety of math boards students can use to discover relationships between different ways of expressing math operations developed and shared with permission by Dawn Reithaug.
Extra large calculator simple and online
Talking Calculator: simple online talking calculator
TI-89 graphing calculator Emulator download to your computer free
3, Mathsexcellence free textbooks K-12
4. Manitoba Education has many resources for Social Studies that coincide with correlated to Alberta curriculum on topics like Community, Cananda, Government, and the World for grades from k to 12 with each grade providing a book, blackline masters, curriculum at a glance poster as well as supporting websites
2. Digital reading
3. Enhanted learning: Picture dictionary with links as well as classroom activities
4. : ABRACADABRA for K- 3
5. The K-5 Student Center Activities (SCA) and K-5 Instructions student center activities and their accompanying activity masters by grade level and reading component by Florida Center for Reading Research
7. Tumblebooks The Beaumont Library provides a link to Tumblebooks. Look for the link on the right side of the Home page.
8. Glencoe's Vocabulary Builder is a research-based program that helps students strengthen their vocabulary for better reading comprehension and improved performance on standardized tests. There are seven workbooks in the program, one for each of grades 6 through 12.
10. Support for Literacy in Secondary School Classrooms by Curriculum Services Canada
Inclusive Education: Intent of this website is to provide you with a variety of accessible learning opportunities to support implementation of an inclusive learning environment.
FREE online Center for Applied
Classroom Audio Distribution Systems are a universal support for all students see links to research & resources:
Guide to Using Classroom Audio Distribution Systems by Inclusive Learning Outreach
Black Gold Student Services provides Inclusive Learning Technologies that can support our students by addressing many types of learning as well as behavioural needs.
Speak to your Learning Support Teacher or Student Services staff, considering the Student, Environment and Tasks, to collaboratively determine the Tools including resources and strategies.
Click here for the ATL request form.
2. ABLEDATA database of assistive technology by each product's intended function or any special features it possesses
3. QIAT: QIAT Consortium is a grassroots group that includes hundreds of individuals who provide input into the ongoing process of identifying, disseminating, and implementing a set of widely-applicable Quality Indicators for Assistive Technology Services in School Settings that can be used as a tool to support
4. ATiA: The mission of Assistive Technology Industry Assocation (ATiA ) is to serve as the collective voice of the assistive technology industry so that the best products and services are delivered to people with disabilities
6. UDL tool kit: free technology for all students in the classroom
7. educATe: online Support Serives for school districts is a Canadian web service subcription that delivers the tools and curricular content teachers andstudents need to get their Assistive Technology (AT) working in their classrooms
8.Johns Hopkins University Center for Technology in Education (CTE) resource to support educators and families of children with disabilities to assist in developing student plans, AT, tools, strategies and implementation practices.
9. SWEET AT Toolkit: was developed to meet the need for access to low-tech, inexpensive tools designed to assist young children with disabilities to learn, play, grow and participate with peers and family members
10. Wisconsin Assistive Technology Initiative (WATI): Assistive Technology materials and supports for educational settings.
1-2-1 Mobile Media Tablet Various Rubrics on how to evaluate an APP
PC and MAC Applications:
Learning works provides parents, teachers, and clinicians FREE guides on apps and video games to improve executive functioning skills. Their focus is on using the newest games and technology to help kids with Autism, ADHD, Learning Disabilities, Anxiety, Depression, and other special needs.
Autism Speaks reviews applications many are cross platform for operating systems Andriod, Apple, and JAVA desktop
Chrome APPs for education will work on PC and MAC
iPad and iPod Applications:
Classroom : Apple Apps
APPs by general learner profiles: apple Apps in categories Behavior Management, EF and Data Tools Books and Literacy, Curriculum Based, Sensory and Motor Development, Language and Communication Math and Number Concepts , Productivity, EF and Teaching
Blooms Taxonomy of Apple Apps
Andriod Applications :
Andriod Apps for Our Kids
Google Play Education Apps for Tablets and smart phones
Blackberry APPs for education