When you open a new Chromebook you will see something like this:
1. Select ‘add user’. Once you’ve done so, the following screen appears:
2. Type in the student’s email (eg. email@example.com) and password. (Once the account has been created, your students will sign in using only their gshare account password which is a 2letter4number2letter combination. Example: ay0506ce) That’s why we’re setting them up for grades 1 and 2 beforehand, so that it will be simple for your class to do!
3. Choose an icon for your class that is different from the other classes sharing your cart. Students could also take their own photo.
4. Select the Drive symbol. If it is not there, please add it for your student by selecting the apps button.
Find Drive. Do a wide two finger click, and pin it to the launcher.
5. Open drive and select the new folder button. (or select CREATE, then folder)
6. Rename the folder with your student’s name.
7. Check the box next to the folder. Notice more options appear. Select the share icon or select ‘more’, then ‘share’.
9. Because we're signing in as students in Grades 1 and 2, type your full teacher email in the box. Uncheck the notify people box. Select ‘share and save’, then ‘ok’ then ‘done’ You’re finished! Close all windows and sign out by selecting the student’s icon in the bottom right hand corner.
If you would like to share with your class, you will need to create a group for them in your email contacts. Ask the tech team about how to use Google Forms to do this easily.