*Clicking on these links will open a VIEW ONLY copy of Google files. Please select file>and make a copy once the document opens. Request for editing access will not be granted.
- The Builders of Alberta Project Version Français Learn about a famous Albertan or group of Albertans and make a video showing their contribution to Alberta's history. The Builders of Alberta Information page (updated March 17, 2016)
- Extension/alternate activity: A Walk Through Alberta's Past or Night at the Museum. Google Drawing Organization Web
- A Night At the Museum This project was created by Musée Héritage Museum in St. Albert and the staff and students of Leo Nickerson school. The ideas presented in this blog could be used with a variety of multimedia tools.
- Create your own Province: Students will create a new province with their own flag, coat of arms, laws, and symbols.
- Analyzing Advertisements The settlement of Western Canada was influenced by advertising free land for farming. Analyze these ads and create one of your own here
- My Symbol, Our Story - Through the creation of a petroglyph, and the passing of stories in a campfire scenario, students will recognize the use of oral traditions, narratives and stories as valid sources of knowledge.
- What's In A Name? - In this investigation, you will predict where place names like LaCrete, Kananaskis, or Ft. McMurray came from, and then examine historical maps to see if your predictions make sense.
- Alberta's Heritage and Community Investigate a variety of Alberta communities. Learn about the development of a community and its contribution to Alberta's multicultural society.
- Let's Bring Alberta's History to Life! A biography (Photostory) project featuring famous Albertans.
- Settling in Alberta(Do some research to learn more about where Alberta settlers came from, when they came, and why they came).
- Build A Tipi! Find out how the Plains Cree build a tipi
- ReadWriteThink Pourquoi tales activity
- Very fun and engaging McCord Museum Fur Trade Game. Print the cards and students take roles. Fur Trade Game.pdf Fur trading Game Cards.pdf Fur Trading Game Dice.pdf
- Mavericks: An Incorrigible History of Alberta The Glenbow Museum has an interactive collection of topics featuring the history of Alberta. Topics include settlers, first nations people, police, ranchers, railways, immigrants, politicians and oil discovery.
|First Nations/Aboriginal peoples||Alberta's Francophone Population||The FurTrade in Alberta|
|Alberta Settlements||European Immigration||Alberta's Metis|
|A Little History.com historic photos and accounts of life in Western Canada, Mounties, homesteading, life on the farm;
Social Studies 4.2 Content Map This content map contains the curriculum for General Outcome 4.2 in an easy-to-use web format. Created by Theresa Spreen and Terra Kaliszuk.