Oil Sands Debate Students will research the oil sands from the perspective of a vested stakeholder, and then voice their opinion at a town hall meeting to persuade a prospective program manager to either continue, or halt, production of a new project.
NEW! Create your own Province: Students will create a new province with their own flag, coat of arms, laws, and symbols.
Choose Your Own Alberta Adventure! Create a travelogue highlighting the unique sites Alberta has to offer! (Higher Order Thinking Skills - examine, determine, prioritize, recommend)
Amazing Alberta Road Tour Your team will research and find photos in order to create a video that will encourage families to vacation in the region.
Identifying Resources, Jobs, and Tourism- Tracking document
Comparing Regions (Google Doc with a Venn Diagram)
Alberta Roadside Detectives! Identify geographical features that characterize unique landmarks found in Alberta.
Parks Brochure students create a brochure about Provincial and National Parks in Alberta with this lovely Slides template
- Social Studies 4.1 Content Map This content map contains the curriculum for General Outcome 4.1 in an easy-to-use web format.
Social Studies 4 - Regions of Alberta - These regions pages are intended for whole class or individual use, allowing all readers to read the content with visual supports and live links.
- Zooming In ... Alberta Regions
- Kahoot: Students click here Kahoot! Badlands game - Try this fun interactive game created by Larry at Willow Park School, then create your own and share it with us!
- Exploring Fossils and the Fossil Record
- So, This is Alberta! Try this interactive comic book describing the history and culture of Alberta as seen through the eyes of the comic characters, a ground squirrel and a raven.
- Agriculture in Alberta A Research Project**
- MAPS (Alberta)
- Landscapes: Compass and Mapping Skills