- NEW! Create a weather infographic Students will Create an infographic that summarizes and demonstrates their learning throughout the Weather Watch Unit version Française
- NEW! The Greenhouse Effect and Global Warming - As Environmental Advisor, you will help the Prime Minister understand the effects of Climate change.
- Meteorologist for a Day
- Best Weather research the weather in selected capital cities in Canada and make a decision about which city really has the best weather.
- Weather Disasters Project (Golden Hills)
Resources and Activities
- Weather Lab "What happens when ocean currents and air masses interact? Find out in Weather Lab! Take on the role of a meteorologist by predicting spring weather and how people should dress for it in particular regions." (Site)
- Weather and Climate (MacMillan/McGraw-Hill)
- Study Jams: WEATHER
- PowerKnowledge Earth and Space Science Use this resource to find factual information organized into topics such as earth cycles; ecosystems and biomes; energy and matter; landforms; natural disasters; rocks and minerals; space; water; and weather and climate. Videos, web links, games, listen feature, and a list of science experiments are included.
- In the Eye of the Hurricane - 2Learn Special Editions
- EdHeads-Weather Learn how to report and predict the weather at the underground W.H.E.D. weather caves!
- Eco Kids Climate Change (various activities including: The CO2 Effect, The Case of the Warming Planet, Climate Change Puzzlers, Weather and Climate Eco-Quiz, Cause of Climate Change-Eco Quiz)
- Global Warming & Climate Change Myths a summary of global warming and climate change myths, sorted by recent popularity vs what science says.
- What is Global Warming? great interactive site from the the National Geographic; learn all about global warming.
- Extreme Weather - Learn about storms and other extreme weather via this website by Scholastic.
- Climate Change from the BBC Weather Centre (Play this interactive game of dilemma or consequence to discover how environmentally friendly you are.)
- Web Weather For Kids
- Weather Watch Online Interactives @2Learn.ca
- Climate Change: Focus on the Future
- Global Climate Change; Learn the Basics
- Teacher Created PPT Weather overview
- Ranger Rick- Global Warming
- Current Weather Conditions and Forecasts
- Weather Office Environment Canada
- What is Weather? watch this video by NASA and explore the answers.
- Importance of Weather (video) National Geographic (LearnAlberta)
- Variations in Weather
- Weather Forecasting
- Weather Reporting
- Measuring Weather Phenomena
Weatherman for a Day Project under construction