Resources and activities
- PowerKnowledge: Levers Powerknowledge has 9 sections on levers. Videos, web links, games, listen feature, and a list of science experiments are included.
- PowerKnowledge: Simple Machines Powerknowledge has 11 sections on simple machines.
- Students Click HERE for a Kahoot Game on Simple Machines made by Mrs. McClements. Teachers Click HERE to begin the review game.
- All About Simple Machines
- Dirtmeister's Science Reporters: Simple Machines
- Simple Machines Test 18 questions
- Simple Machines Game from the Museum of Science and Industry Chicago
- May the Forces of Push and Pull Be with You! (Smart Technologies Educator Resource)
- Wonderville.ca: Medieval Levers
- Wonderville.ca: Robot Factory Become factory boss with Crash and build robots to help him accomplish his tasks. Learn about wheels and levers and simple machines to create a successful robot factory.
- Simple and Complex Machines (Lab) These labs will help students recognize simple machines as they are used by them and around them.
- Simple Machines Game Help Twitch collect the parts to repair a robot by using 4 different types of simple machines: an inclined plane, lever, wheel and axle, and pulley.
- Sid the Science Kid: Balancing Act Move the birds and add bird seed to the feeder to balance the lever. Look for the baby birds and watch the cocoon hatch into a beautiful butterfly.
- Beacon Learning Centre- Click the pictures to learn more about simple machines.
- Wheels and Levers lyrics; fun!
- Simple Machines Instructional PowerPoint
- OK Go video featuring a Rube Goldberg machine.