- WASTE AND OUR WORLD PROJECT (Updated)
- Make A Difference! Create a multimedia presentation/video using pictures based on a Waste theme.
- 7 Day household waste challenge. Waste challenge (Google doc) Students use this doc to survey parents and track the waste produced at home for one week. Google form to compile results. (please make a copy)
- Students use Google Drawings to develop a flowchart for a consumer product that indicates the source materials, final product, its use and method of disposal. Lesson outline
Waste...How Typical Are you? A project from Galileo.org
Resources and activities
- Waste Reduction Challenge This is a five-day waste audit created by the Recycling Council of Alberta that takes place during Waste Reduction Week. The week’s finale is when your class develops a Pledge of Action to reduce waste in the classroom for the rest of the year.
- PowerKnowledge: Trash and Recycling can be found in the Green Living section.
- The Science of Waste This interactive from the people at Wonderville.ca has students looking at three types of waste management; agricultural waste, e-waste and biomaterials.
- Waste Avengers Join in the action with Tommy and the Professor as the Waste Avengers! Explore alternative waste disposal methods to placing waste in landfills by following the mantra: reduce, reuse and recycle.
- Are You Eco Friendly? An appealing adventure style game for 7 to 9 year olds where you can take part in fun missions for the 'Environmental Intelligence Unit'. See how you can help to save our planet. It's fun!
- Eco Kids WASTE a variety of activities to test your recycling knowledge and skills! (Yard Sale, I Don't Want to Clean My Room, Waste Eco-Quiz, Wastebusters Quizzes, the Great Garbage Caper, Trash Troupers)
- 2Learn.ca Home Sweet Home Committing to a Better Environment (activities and online resources)