- Diamante Poems This online tool enables students to learn about and write diamante poems. Read*Write*Think
- Write a Shape Poem Read*Write*Think
- Acrostic Poems This online tool will help you learn about and write acrostic poems. Read*Write*Think
- Create a Monster Poem (an interactive tool to help you select adjectives to create a great monster poem)
- Eye on Idioms After viewing the literal representation of each idiom, students are asked to complete the sentence by selecting the
correct idiom from the list.
- Riddle Interactive The Riddle Interactive outlines the characteristics of riddle poems and provides direct instruction on the prewriting and drafting process for writing original riddle poems. Read*Write*Think
- Paint by Idiom Idioms add color to language. Help FunBrain.com's grand master, Salvabear Dali, finish his paintings by identifying the correct expression.
- Figurative language PPTs and lesson plan
Poems to Read
- Charles Chigna Poems
- Kenn Nesbitt's Poetry
- Giggle Poetry
- The Children's Poetry Archive
- Poetry Corner