2. Positive Mental Health & Addictions Prevention Resources for Schools created by AHS for Schools
3. Alberta Health Services: The following links offer a one-stop resource center that can guide teachers, childcare staff and parents to the information they need on student/child health issues.
- Addiction & Substance Abuse
- Mental Health for Children & Youth
- Pathways to promote Adolescent Mental Health
- Occupational Therapy On-Hand
- School Nutrition
- Sexual Health
- Social Emotional Learning
4. Family and Community Support Services Association of Alberta, communities design and deliver social programs that are preventive in nature to promote and enhance well-being among individuals, families, and communities. The programs depend on community resources, often involving volunteers in management and delivery. Local
5. Safe and Caring Schools & Communities: A not-for-profit organization dedicated to violence prevention and character education for children and youth
6. Teaching Sexual Health: Collection of resources teachers whose students with differing abilities.
7. Career and Life Management resources posted on the engaging student website
8. The Door that’s not Locked helping parents keep children safe while exploring and enjoying the internet.
9. WellCast explore the physical, mental and emotional paths to both the latest trends and long-standing practices of wellness—everything from the efficacy of the gratitude experiment to the learning how to relationships. Guides using short animated videos and journalling exercises that helps students apply the information.
10. Blue Wave's mission was to increase awareness, encourage solutions, foster hope and end the stigma of mental illness.
Community Resource Guides click on the image to access the free .pdf